According to the site, the Second Harvest Food Bank (SCFBCF) is a “private, nonprofit organization that collects and distributes donated food to more than 500 nonprofit partner agencies in six Central Florida counties: Brevard, Lake, Orange, Osceola, Seminole and Volusia.”
The Central Florida area is no exception to the hunger epidemic sweeping the nation with 1 in 5 of our population (approximately 732,000 people) needing food assistance last year.
How Second Harvest Helps
In response to this need, Second Harvest distributed more than 33 million pounds of grocery product, which is the equivalent to more than 21 million meals. Still not convinced? The SCFBCP also aids in the following ways:
– 47% of clients served are children.
– 20% of the households served have at least one member age 65 or older.
– 33% of households served have at least one working adult.
With your help and donations, Second Harvest is able to collect and distribute food, assist with food stamp applications, provide disaster relief, and so much more. Want to get involved? Check out this link.
Enter to Win!
Second Harvest has created a raffle just for the Blogging for Good campaign! By simply buying a raffle ticket for just $10, you can win $100 in prizes. The raffle prizes include:
– 3 day/2 night stay in a 2-bedroom villa at any Westgate Resort (excluding Westgate south beach)
– $25 gift card for Elephant Bar
– 2 GA Wine Women & Shoes Tickets (we don’t have our date set yet for next year. working on a venue this month)
– Pair of stemless wine glasses (with Second Harvest and Wine Women & Shoes logo)
– Second Harvest Food Bank T-shirt